Facilities: Wellheads, Piping and Valves
This 20-minute module starts at the wellhead and follows the production to an AWT site. Along the way, piping and valves typical for a California oil field are shown and described.
- Key terms to demystify jargon such as carbon steel, annulus, and AWT
- Wellheads of different kinds: flowing wells, pumping unit wells and steam injectors
- Flowlines for produced liquids, CVR and steam
- Why we have supports, sleepers and insulation
- Line pipe vs. OCTG and drill pipe
- Materials such as FRP, carbon steel and HDPE
- Ball valves, gate valves & check valves
- Valves with actuators
- Pressure Relief Valves
Instructor: Lisa Denke, P.E.