This 20-minute module looks at equipment used in typical California oilfields. Devices discussed include tanks and vessels, pumps and compressors, and heaters and coolers.
1. Storage tanks and processing (separation) tanks.
2. Regular tanks vs. pressure vessels.
3. Pumps and compressors. Centrifugal vs. positive displacement. The role of the prime mover.
4. Role of coolers and vessels on compressor sites.
5. Heaters, for example, heater treaters, steam coils, and steam generators
6. Coolers, for example, fin fans
7. Shell and tube heat exchanger
8. Overview of cogens
Instructor: Lisa Denke, P.E.